Monday, March 8, 2010

Home is where...

the Marine Corps sends you! That has been many places this last year. It has been a long time since I have posted anything, but a lot has gone on in our life this year. It defiantly was a year of change. Logan graduated TBS. We packed up our house in Quantico in May and headed to Pensacola. Logan had a flight contract so that was the plan for the moment. Well, we soon found out that he has some issues with one of his eyes. Nothing that will cause him harm, but would hinder him while flying. So we made the decision for him to change his MOS (his job in the Marine Corps) instead of waiting around for his eye to maybe get better or not and his career suffer later on . Logan didn't have his heart set on flying he just loves being a Marine so to answer every ones question. No, he is not upset about all of this. So as most of you know the Marine Corps takes a long time to do anything so we knew all of this was happening around the time Addison was born, but had no idea where or when we would go anywhere. We did not tell people because we were hiding it. We just didn't have any answers and it was a waiting game on our end. So we traveled home in Oct with our little bundle of joy so the family could all meet her because we weren't sure if we might get orders overseas and not have time to visit family. It was a pretty short visit, but little did I know that come thanksgiving I would be in Ohio until the middle of Jan. Logan re designated to Ground Supply which was his first choice and they sent us to Cherry Point, NC. Not the greatest place to go, but in the end it is close to family and we want Addison to know them. He had to go to yet another school in camp lejeune, NC about 45 min from cherry Point so I went to my parents house until the middle of Jan. Addison, Mack, Oscar and I moved to Cherry Point the middle of Jan and Logan commuted to school until the beginning of March. He just checked in his new unit and is really enjoying it so far. So that is the short version of our last year. It has once again topped the year before so I can't wait to see what is in store for us next! I am going to try to keep up with this a little better now that I feel settled for the first time in a long while!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am 28 years old (wow where did the time go) Married to my best friend for the past 8 years. We are having a baby girl in early Aug. We are naming her Addison Paige and we are so excited to meet her. We have moved six times in the past 8 years due to the fact that Logan is a Marine. It is sometimes a trying life, but we mostly enjoy it. I am going to try my best to keep up with this blog better once our little one arrives!